CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Choco-Wakka Cookies

I take my kids to the library to pick out books and my daughter Arianna picks out cookbooks full of treats. lol So we decided to try one of the recipes she was begging me to do, and they were super super yummy! I didn't see how many cookies it made, so be aware that this is a big batch. But no fear- just stick the leftover cookies in a ziplock in the freezer and they will be perfect for school lunches! You can always half it too if you were worried

Choco-Wakka Cookies
Recipe from Cool Cookies and Bars-Easy Recipes for Kids to Bake (Pam Price)
Makes about 4 dozen

2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I did 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup semi)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then beat in the vanilla. 
Stir in the dry ingredients and then the chocolate chips. 
Using dinner spoons, drop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 2 minutes. Then transfer then to the cooling rack with a spatula.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!! One of my girls picked out the cookbook with that Cocoa Wakka cookies recipe in it. We made them and they were a huge hit! I forgot to write the recipe down so I decided to search online to see if I could find it. Thanks! Going to make them now!