CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Cheese-steak Sammies

Oh my heavens this was so yummy! And it only took about 15-20 minutes to throw together! (Even better) You use roast beef from the deli. I got mine at Sams Club I think its the Castle-wood brand. That's where I ran into a friend and she told me about this recipe. I am definitely going to keep it in my rotation. Too easy and tasty not to! I also used shredded mozzarella cheese because it's what I had on hand, but any sliced cheese will work.

Cheese-steak Sammies
Serves 4-6 (2 adults and 4 kids in my family)

1 pound deli roast beef slices
1 bell pepper, sliced* 
1/2 onion, sliced
mushrooms, sliced (optional-I left these out)
1/4 cup butter (1/2 a cube)
1 Tbsp Montreal Steak seasoning
cheese to top (mozzarella, provolone, cheddar etc.)
French bread 

Slice up deli meat into squares or strips (I just took the whole pile and did slices about 1/2 inch wide). Put the veggies and meat into a pan with the butter and seasoning. Cook down 10-15 minutes. Cut the french bread long-wise to open it up. Spread the meat mixture onto one half and top with cheese on top of the meat mixture as well as onto the top half. Leave it open faced and bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Close it up and cut into individual sammies. Enjoy!

*Just a note on bell peppers- Just in case you didn't know- bell peppers freeze really well. I get them when they are on sale or in stock in my garden, wash them and slice them up, then lay them on a cookie sheet in my freezer for about 30 minutes. After they are "flash frozen" dump them into a freezer ziplock, label and freeze. Perfect for quick dinners especially fajitas. 

No comments: