CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Butter Garlic Potatoes

This is my favorite way to cook potatoes, and every time I do, I think about my best friend in Missouri! She is always cooking meals for families, and I can still remember when she brought us these with some pork chops. Mmmmm!! She came to visit me last summer and I made her make them for us again. Something about someone else making you food...it just tastes better than when you do it yourself! Am I right? 

Butter Garlic Potatoes
Recipe from Sarra Bauer

2 pounds (or more) potatoes 
6 Tbsp butter, plus or minus (I usually start with 1/2 a cube and add more if needed)
2 Tbsp roasted garlic and herb seasoning 

This recipe is really just whatever works for you. You can do any amount of potatoes, any amount of butter and any amount of seasoning. But this is about what I do for our family of 6. Wash and slice up your potatoes. I always cut them in half once lengthwise and then into slices about 1/4 or so thick. They can be thicker they will just take longer to cook. Start melting your butter in a really large skillet pan with a lid. Throw in the potatoes along with 1 Tbsp or so of the seasoning. As they cook down you can add more butter and more seasoning as needed. I usually throw in some salt at the end as well. I always get my roasted garlic and herb seasoning from Sams. It use to be a different brand, but now it's Weber brand. Whatever brand you use they are all pretty much the same. 

No comments: