CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Turkey Cabbage

 As I have mentioned before my good friend Aubs does Paleo and so I always try to steal her recipes because they are always so easy, different, and yummy!!! Another reason why I love this recipe is because you can really do whatever you want with it. You can put the Turkey mixture on anything really!! You can do cabbage like the recipe, rice, tortilla, on a salad, anything you want, but the thing I love about the cabbage is it gives it some crunchy, yummy different flavor. Hope you like it.
Turkey Cabbage
1 lb of Turkey
1 bag of shredded cabbage (I buy the actual cabbage and just slice it up)
1 onion- diced
1 can diced tomatoes
bacon (I've done it with and without bacon and it's delicious either way)
olive oil or coconut oil
garlic
spices : pepper, salt, cayenne, pepper flakes, oregano, whatever you would like
First brown your turkey with some olive oil and garlic, add your spices, once the turkey is browned throw in the can of diced tomatoes. Next in a separate pan use some butter and cook your bacon 4 or 5 pieces is usually great (or omit this part). and take them out of the pan to cool off. Next either use the pan you just cooked the bacon in or another pan to saute some onions for a little bit and then throw in the cabbage and saute for a few minutes(I usually use coconut oil for this process because I like the flavor it gives)  Aubs adds some honey to the cabbage mixture to help take away the bitterness, but I think that the coconut oil does this. Next cut the bacon into little pieces and throw that into the cabbage mixture. Throw the cabbage mixture on the bottom of your plate and the turkey on top! Yum Yum!




No comments: