CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 20, 2017

BBQ Chicken Salad


This has been one of my favorite salads since Brook shared it with me last year! Probably the only salad I crave to make at home :) I usually just mix the barbecue with the ranch and let people put it on their salads. So yummy!! 
Oh my other hint is that I like to make this salad after I have made barbecued chicken of some sort like Dad's squirt chicken. I just cook extra and use the leftovers for this salad. 


BBQ Chicken Salad
Recipe from damndelicious.net

1 Tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
6 cups romaine lettuce
1 roma tomato, diced
3/4 cup canned corn kernels, drained
3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 avocados, diced
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup tortilla strips


Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add to skillet and cook until done. Let cool then dice into bite-size pieces (could also use leftover chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces). In a big bowl place romaine lettuce in a large bowl with chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Mix the barbecue and ranch together and pour over salad. Top with tortilla strips

No comments: